Monday, May 2, 2011

2nd post

Well this post is not as timely as I would've hoped. Between my little guy having a double ear infection and me staying nauseated daily...I've not done much of anything.  Which is why I decided to post today.  So Friday night, I could not go to sleep, which is unfathomable at this point in my pregnancy, I pretty well can sleep all day and night if I were allowed to.  Anyway, I had such an anxious spirit.  The reason for this anxiousness I guess is that we paid our bills that night because it was my husband's payday.  We had $40 bucks left which would have to cover another bill coming out yesterday I guess.  It is so hard to watch your money dwindle away and not have a whole lot to show for it.  It is hard to trust God in those times.  But crazyily enough, I do!  He has never failed to provide for us.  And get this...Saturday the whole family got to go with my husband to work so he could get some overtime.  This is the first time we've ever been on the job with him.  But it was pretty simple work, just hooking up to trailers and moving them to different jobsites. And then about 9pm Saturday night, a man called Dustin and said a preacher had gotten the stomach flu and wanted him to preach for him Sunday morning. Its a good thing my husband believes in the verse about being ready in season and out of season.  It was raining like crazy Sunday morning and the "normal" way to go was blocked by destruction from a massive tornado last week.  So the Garmin took him another way, which led to a flooded area he could not drive through, which led to another flooded way...but finally just in time to preach he made it there!  He was determined that God wanted him there and wasn't going to give up.  What's even more awesome is that this little church that had about 25 in attendence handed him a $100 check for preaching one service!  Now tell me my God does not provide! 
So back to Friday night, amongst my anxiety I felt God wanting me to make a list. And on this list I wrote down some things that my soul needs and our family needs.  This is where any followers come in...I am just learning about couponing.  Now I go to a couple of websites, but I'm a mom who has to take the kids to the store with her, so going to 15 different stores just to get the best sales is not an option for me.  So...please inform me of any couponing sites, or any quick and simple ways to check out with screaming kids:)  Another thing on my list of to-dos is to research how to consolidate student loans. My husband has two that we need to consolidate, but the places he has them with do not do that. Any suggestions??  I also would love to find fun, FREE things to do as a family.  While working with my husband this weekend, we found a beautiful spot to picnic right on the river.  It was a ton of fun and the boys loved being outside and able to roam, even little crawling Sy. 
My heart is no longer anxious, my God proved once again, He is able and willing to provide!  Now, I just have to be faithful to do my part to research and figure out how we can save more money, especially since we'll have child number 3 in November which will require a new vehicle. There is no way another carseat will fit in my little Corrolla:)  

1 comment:

  1. coupons.com is a place to get coupons. I've only used it a bit so far. i'll keep trying to learn and figure more out. Love you and please lean on me, i'm here to help you as your friend and your family.

    ReplyDelete