Wednesday, May 11, 2011

What a week!

It has been some week.  Sy went from having a double ear infection to the croup last week.  We got him a steroid and he improved some on our trip to Oklahoma to visit Dustin's family.  While we were there, he took a turn for the worse. He struggled to breath and was extremely congested.  He had fever and it was obvious the poor baby was miserable! He is my home body kid anyway, but you could tell he longed to be in the comfort of his own home. While we were there, Zeb and his cousin were playing baseball inside the living room and collided "running the bases" so Zeb has a big black eye!
We had some shining moments though. It was great to visit with all of Dustin's family and we had some wonderful friends come over for an evening of pizza and cards.  We caught up on old times and new times!  There is just something so comforting and warm about lifetime friends, those friends you can be away from and maybe not even hear from for sometime, yet when you get together its as if you've never been apart. 
The Lord has provided this week for us in a special way.  He gave me the opportunity to babysit a little 3 year old boy who plays very well with Zeb.  It has not only been good for Zeb but has provided a little extra income.  Dustin was also able to sell some tools last week!  So with all that we about have our tires paid for from last week...woohoo...Thank you Jesus!!
Speaking of babysitting...I'm extremely "out of shape" when it comes to getting up early, getting ready and be ready to "work" for the day.  This has been a week where I have "needed" coffee...though I haven't given into it just yet.  My sister-in-law did bring me some creamer though in case I am desperate!  I can't drink coffee without some creamy goodness!  I'm really trying to not have it, because I was so addicted to it before I got pregnant and I've been very faithful to not drinking it since we found out.  I'm not sure what's so different about this week as to compared to days when I just have my kids.  I'm basically getting up at the same time as normal, but I guess I feel like I've got to be ready and get my game face on.  The kid is great, he's no extra "work", but I guess since he's not mine, I'm extra dilligent to make sure everything is safe, he is having a good time, etc. 
Well since arriving back home, Sy has made a turn for the good. I'm telling you, he just likes to be at home.  He is back to being my sweet boy and is sleeping wonderfully.  He is still congested some and the sweet thing is just now regaining his voice, it sounds so cute, it being all raspy.  Zeb's eye is healing, but looks pretty nasty.  And we're having a good week.  Some doors are being opened, we are prayerful to discover if God is opening them and what He would have us to do.  Please join us in praying. We desire to be in His perfect will and to submit and obey immediately. 

1 comment:

  1. Candi, I have loved reading your first few blogs. Your positive additude and faith are very admirable. You'll love blogging. I've kept our stories on my blog for about 5 years now and I love looking back at all the changes that have happened.

    ReplyDelete