Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Tempted to Doubt...yet He's never failed me!

As I drove the kids to my parents on Sunday for lunch, in the pouring rain, I gripped the wheel and went all of 45 miles an hour, as passerbys gave me dirty looks. Its not that I'm scared of driving in the rain so much, though growing up in Arizona, rain was a very scarce occurence so I am not used to it:)  The problem is, I was scared of our tires. They keep losing air and do not have good traction at all.  When it snowed a few months ago, we skidded and slid just trying to make a 3 mile an hour turn into our road!  Nonetheless, at my slow speed on Sunday I managed to hydroplane some. It wasn't too scary, we just kind of got caught up in the flowing across the road water and then it spewed me out.  My son Zeb asked if we had been in an accident, I guess because he find the big jolt as it threw us out of the water.  This got Dustin concerned. My Dad took the car to the tire shop for me this morning and called with the report.  A little over $400 and we can feel safe and secure once again, especially before we make the trip to Oklahoma this weekend for Dustin's grandfather's 95th birthday and Mother's Day!  So, yes I am extremely tempted to doubt.  As I survey our in the red checkbook and bills keep coming in the mail and a baby on the way, requiring payments of $150/month until the child arrives just to pay my Dr. I'm more than tempted just to be real honest.  In fact as I write this I tear up.  But why should I doubt now?? When has my God ever failed me??? HE HASN'T!!!  So, I lay my financial burdens at His feet right now and proclaim His goodness and His grace. He knew we would need tires this month!  He knew we would be pregnant with our next child and that the Dr. isn't free nor cheap!  He knew that our bills would be more than the paycheck.  And you know what, I am not afraid.  What can man do to me??  They can take everything I have but as long as I have Jesus, I have enough!  Riches may fail, but never my Redeemer!  I'm nailing it down right now...He will provide what I need because He promised He would.  I may not see it at the moment, but I will recognize God's hand. 

1 comment:

  1. I might add, I tried yesterday to get a lot of housework done to be ready to go to Oklahoma this weekend. It was laundry day...I got my first load in the dryer, second load in the washer. I didn't hear the dryer a few minutes later, so I assumed it was my pregnancy brain that forgot to turn the thing on. Nope...it was smelling of smoke and would not turn on again. It was its last day. So last night, we had to journey to town to buy a new dryer. Fortunately, our landlords are just taking it off the rent! Blessings in disguise sometimes, but we have to have eyes wide open to see them too!

    ReplyDelete