Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It's about time

I'm so glad to know I have readers!!!  My Mom emailed me today and asked if I had given up on my blog or if she just wasn't getting the updates...oops...sorry Mom. I'm on it now, it's about time I get to it anyhow! 
So here goes...yesterday I had to give thanks to my Lord for showing Himself to me in an odd way.  We live in a rent house and our landlord goes to church with us, this family has been so kind to us!  Well our air conditioner has not been working well, it runs non-stop from about 9 am-midnight.  And even at that, the temperature rises all the while.  So at about 5:30 last night I began to get really flush, feeling like I was going to pass out, wondering how I was going to cook dinner for my family.  The temperature had risen to 80 inside, yah I know I'm a wuss!  I was near tears and I explained to my husband that I couldn't handle the heat but more than that I cannot fathom what our electric bill is going to be this summer with the ac running non-stop.  We had an ac guy out this weekend and basically he said its doing all that it can do.  So anyhow, in my near tears state I began to cry out to God that I needed to know what we needed to do.  Did we need to move to another rental house/apartment with utilities included so that we could survive the summer??  Well I didn't hear an audible answer, but my phone rang. It was my landlord and she said that she found some window units in their shop and wanted to know if that would help.  So...of course we said yes and I recognize that as my God providing!  It isn't going to help our electric bill, but I might just survive the summer being pregnant:)
I have been stressing a little over the summer for other reasons as well.  I am a stay at home Mom that likes to stay at home.  For one, we don't have money to go and spend doing things anyway. But second, I just like being at home with my kids. I don't get enough done as it is, I can't imagine never being home.  Well, this summer has provided a ton of activity for us.  I will have a bible study on Monday mornings, Tuesday mornings Zeb will have swim lessons and gymnastics, Wednesdays are free except for church in the evening, Thursdays Zeb has swim, I will be meeting with my mentor, and we will have Life groups that evening, then Friday we have been invited to a friends to swim.  SO...I'm excited for what we have the opportunities to do that will not cost me a things other than time.  I'm thankful that I will be able to develop and grow relationships.  I'm just a little worried that I won't get much done around the house.  I am now in my 2nd trimester though, so my energy level is back up again and I might just have some nesting sprees:) 
Speaking of 2nd trimester...21 more days until we hopefully find out whether we are being blessed with a sweet girl, or another adorable son.  I can honestly say I'd be happy with either one.  Of course there is something in me longing to doll up a little girl, but I already have boy stuff and have kind of figured out how to deal with boys. 
Well...I think that is all that I have to update at this point. 
I'd like to recommend a bible study for any who might need a little something: "Lord Change My Attitude" by James McDonald.  It has really opened my eyes to see how negative I was and how negativity breeds negativity.  I also began to see how to be content with my lot, not base my joy and happiness on circumstances or possessions.  It is helping me to think more positively, to be a content and joyful soul.  I would encourage anyone to go through this study, either on your own, with your family, or maybe with a group.  I think it can be life changing!

2 comments:

  1. Way to go on surviving the summer! For a free summer evening we often sneak into the local state park after they stop charging for admission at 5pm and we have two hours of fun on the shore by the lake. Its still warm enough to swim, but we don't get sunburned and everyone is so pooped afterwards they go right to bed without any fuss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I have only worked part time {either subbing or teaching preschool} since I resigned from Mesa in May '07, it is definitely different when you have no work place to go to. And I LOVE it! I am so scared to go back to work full time. Mostly because it will be like my first year all over again! NOt that it was horrendous or anything...it was just a first year, you know what I mean. ANd I honestly did not know I would love being a SAHM this much! If I had my choice I'd not work at ALL outside the home. But any little thing will help. However, I know that no matter what we have to sacrifice it will be worth it to be with our kids as much as possible as they grow. I just pray that I can at least do it until they are all in school. Think about you often, I feel your blog really has made me feel closer to you...and reminds me of how alike we are and why we became friends, even after just a short time. Miss you!
    Take care,
    Lisa N.

    ReplyDelete