Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Hard Questions

Zeb
Well as my son, Zeb, continues to grow in age and stature, his questions are becoming increasingly more difficult to answer. Now Zeb is the kind of kid that will talk the whole way from California to Florida!  He is so inquisitive, he wants to know what every word means, what things are along side the road, what each sign says, how and why people do things they do.  And more recently as we've been better able to share Jesus with him, his questions are revolving around death, salvation, Christ's return, etc.  Now from a three year old, I find these questions to be quite "BIG". 
My son overheard Dustin telling his Mom about a man who had passed away last week due to a car accident.  I guess he had a few questions for Dustin, but I think he saves most of the hardest ones for me when Dustin isn't here to refer him to! :) 
Each day at naptime Zeb wants me to sing one song and most of the time, it is Zacchaeus.  So after singing it yesterday Zeb asked if Jesus lives near Zacchaeus.  I told him that sadly I didn't know, I needed to look that up.  (And that was the easiest question he asked in this conversation!) He went on to ask when we were going to go to Jesus' house. I said whenever Jesus is ready to come and get us.  He said, "Mom, I'm ready to go to Jesus'" house.  Oh yah, water works right now.  Okay, my three year old son is ready to proclaim he is ready to be with Jesus. It got me thinking, can I say that??  Yes, I'm saved, I am a child of God, I know when I die that I will live in eternity with Jesus, but am I ready for that??  My flesh cries out NO!!! NOT YET!!  But why??  Why is my 3 year old son eager to get there and I'm not?  Because the pleasures of this world, the passing pleasures still have a grip on my heart.  Dear Lord, rip that grip to shreds!  I began praying to God that my heart would be so ready to meet him face to face.  What is there to love about this world anyway?  I find myself discontent and complaining all too often as it is, why on earth would I want to prolong my stay?  So...have you asked yourself that question lately?  Are you ready?  Do you know Christ as your Lord and Savior and have received the grace through your faith in Him?  It is only through Christ that we are saved.  No other name can get us to heaven or reunited with the God who created us.  And if you are...do the cares of this world, the fleeting pleasures of this world have such a grip on you that you aren't quite willing to go just yet??  These are hard questions.  It was through my son, my three year old dear son, that God brought this to light in my heart.  I pray that God would make me more ready everyday.  I think of the song by Laura Story, "Blessings" and it is so true.  I think these hard times in life are possibly God's mercies.  It could be worse.  But one day it's going to be so much better and I want to long for that day more than anyother.  I want to desire the Lord's coming like I desire my husband to get home from work each day!  Or even greater!

3 comments:

  1. Candi,
    Don't focus on going to Heaven quite yet, I'm not ready for you to go. I am selfish enough to want a little more time with my precious niece here on earth.
    I am also a child of God and in my prospective, It's kinda nice to still be here. I thought 19 yrs ago I was going to be with Jesus and I was ready to go. It didn't happen, I lived. I was very angry at God for awhile and I did not know why He made me stay here and go through all this mess on earth. I have decided He is still working on me to make me more perfect for the Kingdom. I hope I have said this correctly, so you can understand how powerful your work is here on earth. I love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, seriously Candi! Your posts make me cry every time. Isn't it so amazing the simpliest things our kids say can make us think so much?
    ~Lisa N.
    {I don't know why I can't leave a comment with my Google acct info...anyways, at least I finally go it figured out to actually leave a comment. I don't know why it does this to me on blogs that are set up with the comments section in this format!}

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm guessing the first the post about 19 years ago is Aunt Jetty. I totally understand what you are saying. I'm not saying I want to leave this earth, and heavens knows I paniced a bit when my son said he was. I just want to say I am able to, I'm ready to go whenever God wants me to. I should add...like you...I want to be of the upmost use for Him until that day! Thank you for sharing! I love you! Leave a name just so I can be sure who the posts are from please:)
    Lisa, girl...I'm so glad God has given me this outlet to share my heart and life with others. Being stay at home, I almost felt isolated, that I didn't have anyone to talk to, witness to, etc. We are so blessed by our children, with all the crazy things they say and do. It can be overwhelming, demanding, frustrating, invigorating, etc all at once! Wouldn't trade them for anything though! Love you and glad we can "reconnect" through blogging!\
    ~Candi

    ReplyDelete