Wednesday, July 6, 2011

I'm seeing PINK!!

  To start, we went to the Dr. on Tuesday to discover we will be having a baby girl this time around. We are so excited and now are working on the perfect name.  I'm always quicker to be settled on a name than Dustin, so basically, that's what we're waiting on:)  It is kind of funny, I've always wanted a girl, I wanted my boy first and then a girl so she would have someone to protect her.  I thought for sure Sy was going to be a girl, but the Lord had other plans. And I'm thinking it has something to do with this girl is going to need the protection of two brothers....yikes!  But as I tell people we're having a girl, the same thing keeps getting said back to me...."oh, you're in for it... I'd take 10 boys over a girl...girls are trouble...etc" So, I'm still excited, but I'm a little leary now!:)  I know that each gender has their great qualities, so I will just have to learn a whole new way of being Mom.
  Now as for the boys...Sy has taken his first steps. I'm pretty sure if he'd just get confident he'd be walking everywhere by himself. Now, I'm seeing positives and negatives to this as most parents do.  I'm thinking this will help when I have all the kids together, Zeb and Sy can hold hands and walk together while I carry sister.  But it also means a lot more chasing:)  He is so funny shaking his head no, its mostly a game, but he does seem to do it at perfect times as well as if he is answering us. 
Zeb is about to have his 4th birthday and he is so excited. We are having a swimming party at the place he took swimming lessons and he pretty well invites anyone we meet, so I"m not sure how many are going to show up:)  We are having a beach party theme and I'm excited to make his cake.  I'll try to post a picture of that next blog!  He learned a new phrase this week, which happens about every week!  I was talking to my mom and she asked a question, well my response was "no telling" and Zeb said, "yes, tell".  We chuckled and had to figure out a way of explaining that "no telling" doesn't mean I don't want to tell but that I don't know the answer.  Our language is so absurd yet I don't realize it as much until my kids ask why we say certain things or ask the meaning of things.  Have you realized how difficult it is to come up with the definitions to some of our words?? Its tough! Zeb also graduated from his swimming class on Friday so he'll be good and ready for his party!  And for our upcoming vacation that he still doesn't know about.  We are getting to go to Florida, to the beach for a few days with some wonderful friends.  Their kids are tweeners, but Zeb loves them and they actually helped their Mom babysit him from age 6 weeks-1year old! 
  For me and the Mr...we have begun sending off paperwork to receive our retirements.  This is going to go towards our current debt and free up some monthly $.  We also have plans to sell our car, so that we can pay cash for our next roomier vehicle, which is yet to be found.  We're hoping to find a great used low mileage vehicle that will fit three car seats and still have a little extra room.  I've been looking at the Honday Odyssey, Toyota Sienna, and the one we can't afford even used GMC Acadia.  I like lots of other crossovers/suvs, but I'm wanting good gas mileage, roomy for the family, and priced well! So if you know of anything...I'm open to suggestions!  We also were able to get a little extra dough by using a company called Bill Cutterz out of Texas, who have a website, billcutterz.com.  They assess all yours bills and make negotiations with your companines for lower rates.  Check them out if you are interested.  They were actually very impressed with how low our bills were to start so we didn't save as much as their typical customers, but I think that's because we have already cut as much as we can and are pretty frugal! 
  Not so frugal was this past week:(  We had an opportunity to have one of the kids we used to keep in the children's home in Fort Worth for the weekend.  It was great. Zeb loved it and they played and caught up just like old times:)  We had to make a trip to Chuck E Cheeses when we picked him up since that is one of his and Zeb's favorite places to go.  We also had to buy some fireworks to shoot off while he was here.  And when we took him back to his uncle's, Dustin took me for my birthday date.  It was a week early since we are going to be doing Zeb's this weekend.  He took me shopping for about 3 hours and then to eat and to a movie.  It has been a long time since we've had that much time together just the two of us. My parents kept our kiddos overnight, so it was wonderful.  My husband spoiled me and I just adore the guy!  In return, we spent the past two days, his holiday days off from work, working with him for the overtime!  So for every day of splurging the poor guy has to work extra!:)  Plus, he's working to pay for our vacation next week.  We are all so excited to go to the beach for a few days and get to spend some much needed quality time as a family and with our wonderful friends!  Hopefully upon our return I will have birthday party pics and Florida pics ready to post.  So Mom and Patti, I will not be posting next week, but will do my best to blog the next week after vacation!  Thank you two for encouraging me to keep up with this!!  And guess what Lisa, this one should be tear free, I finally have all uplifting things to blog about! Hehe! 
 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on the news of a Girl!! What a special girl to have two big brothers to look after her, or maybe she's coming to remind them to be sweet and kind.

    ReplyDelete